Support & FAQ
We create awesome mobile apps for iOS AND Android Mobile devices
Chumma means “simply” or “merely” and comes from the South Indian languages of Tamil and Malayalam.
MOSC Lectionary FAQ
Please do the following:
- Uninstall the MOSC Lectionary App
- Turn the mobile device off and wait for 10 seconds.
- Turn the mobile device on
- Reinstall the MOSC Lectionary App
If after doing the above steps you are still missing entries, please contact us.
This version of the lectionary includes readings and Church events prior to changes made by the Church in 2016. Efforts are being made to get the latest edition of the lectionary, but it will take some time to review, find the differences, obtain the readings, and integrate it into the app.
Your patience is appreciated. If you have access to a digital version of the latest version of the lectionary and/or know the changes that were made, please email Aimee at firstname.lastname@example.org
Go to Settings under the Main Menu and tap on “Restore”
Go to New Project under the Main Menu
From the Home Screen of your iOS device, go to Settings -> Privacy. Here you’ll find permissions for both Photos and Camera. Tap on either Photos or Camera and then turn DuoPix to On.
640 x 640 pixels.
After you select and purchase “High-Resolution Images” from the menu screen, the images you send will now be sent with a resolution of 2048×2048.
Selecting and purchasing “Remove Ads” removes the ads placed at the bottom of the screen.
Go to Settings -> tap “Restore”
To reopen a Saved Project, go to View Saved Projects under the Main Menu. This will display all of the projects you have saved to date. Please remember that any projects you resave, will reflect the date and time it was initially saved.
In order to access past DuoPix pictures that you may have created from your phone, you need to have actively saved it to your camera roll or DuoPix album (if option is selected under Settings). The autosaving of “finished” DuoPix photos is not a feature we support in this version.
At this time, we do not provide the ability to remove or rename Saved Projects. We are looking into that for a future update.
- After you select and purchase “Enable Watermark” from the menu screen, the Watermark Stamp icon will be activated. When you click on the Watermark Stamp icon, the Watermark options will appear at the bottom of the app. These options include
- Watermark Image – Toggles your Watermark between text and an image. For best image results, it is recommended you use a PNG image w/a transparent background.
- Transparency – Adjusts the opacity/transparency of the Watermark using a sliding scale, where 0 is invisible/transparent and 1.0 is opaque/non-transparent.
- Rotate – Adjusts the rotation of the Watermark on a sliding scale from 0 degrees to 360 degrees.
- Resize – To resize the Watermark, using two fingers, pinch to scale it down or expand to scale the image up, as desired.
- Remove Watermark – Clicking on the ‘X’ image icon in the upper-left hand corner will remove the Watermark from the DuoPix image. To return the Watermark to the project, tap on the Watermark Stamp icon.
*NOTE* Use of the Watermark is a one-time In-App purchase.